Diversity and Inclusion Virtual Career Fair | July 28
The NOVA Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 2020 Diversity and Inclusion Career Event, offering the opportunity to connect with employers from the Washington Metro region without having to leave home.
Industries hiring at this virtual career fair include: Accounting, Advertising, Aerospace, Agriculture & Agribusiness, Air Transportation, Apparel & Accessories, Auto, Banking, Biotechnology, Chemical, Communications, Computer, Construction, Consulting, Consumer Products, Education, Electronics, Employment, Energy, Entertainment & Recreation, Fashion, Financial Services, Fine Arts, Food & Beverage, Green Technology, Government, Government Contracting, Health, Information, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal Services, Manufacturing, Media & Broadcasting, Medical Devices & Supplies, Pharmaceutical, Public Administration, Public Relations, Publishing, Real Estate, Retail, Service, Sports, Technology, Telecommunications, Tourism, Transportation, Travel, Utilities, Video Game, Web Services and more.
Put Your Best Virtual Foot Forward
Connecting jobseekers like you with leading, hiring companies in Northern Virginia is of highest priority, now more than ever. We know it’s a difficult time to start your career journey— enter the virtual career fair. Virtual career fairs are a bridge linking hiring companies with talent from all over the world… all from the comfort of their homes. Doesn’t get much better than that, right?
How It Works
Wondering how to get started? Check out the next steps below.
- Register / fill out your profile (ASAP)
Day-Of the Fair | Tuesday, July 28:
- Enter companies’ booths to view open positions specifically curated for you
- Chat with HR representatives in real-time
- Take note of your favorite positions
After the Fair:
- Follow up with the HR representatives
- Get one (big) step closer to landing your best job yet
- Check back here for more open positions
Tips for Nailing the Virtual Career Fair
Your how-to guide to get noticed by companies in Northern Virginia.
- Do your homework ahead of time…remember how we told you who’s going to be there? You’re welcome!
- Update your resume and upload it on your Brazen These are real HR reps with real, open positions.
- Prepare your elevator pitch in chat format. You’ll have ~10 minutes to make a stellar first impression.
- Dress for the part—there will be the option to video chat. Plus, a professional get-up will give you instant confidence.
- Take notes during the fair. Who did you resonate with? Which job opportunities got you excited?
- FOLLOW UP! Refer to those handy notes you took and intentionally reach out to the HR reps thanking them for their time and expressing interest in your favorite job opportunity. Bonus tip: Reference something specific from your conversation so they remember you!
Click here to view tips and tricks for once you land a video interview.
Why Northern Virginia is the best move you could make for your career
2020 Diversity & Inclusion Career Event | July 28
Brought to you by the NOVA Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Diversity and Inclusion Career Event offers the opportunity to connect with employers from the Washington Metro region.