Virtual Career Fair
"Let's Get Back to Work!" Job Fair
Northern Virginia Community college, Arlington Employment Center and The Alexandria Workforce Development Center are hosting a “Let’s Get Back to Work” In-Person Job Fair Event on Saturday, August 7, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Businesses will be looking for talent in variety of fields including childcare, healthcare, hospitality, retail and more. This event is free and open to the general public. Please bring copies of your resume if you have one!
Candidates Register Here
How It Works
Wondering how to get started? Check out the next steps below.
Day-Of the Fair | August 7:
- Make sure to have a few copies of your resume on hand
- Check out companies’ booths to view open positions and training programs specifically curated for you
- Be sure to check whether the employer provided any qualification requirements in the booth
- Take note of your favorite positions and companies
After the Fair:
- Follow up with the HR representatives
- Get one (big) step closer to landing your best job yet
- Check back here for more open positions
Tips for Nailing Virtual Career Fairs
Your how-to guide to get noticed by companies in Northern Virginia.
- Do your homework ahead of time…remember how we told you who’s going to be there? You’re welcome!
- Update your resume and upload it on your Brazen These are real HR reps with real, open positions.
- Prepare your elevator pitch in chat format. You’ll have ~10 minutes to make a stellar first impression.
- Dress for the part—there will be the option to video chat. Plus, a professional get-up will give you instant confidence.
- Take notes during the fair. Who did you resonate with? Which job opportunities got you excited?
- FOLLOW UP! Refer to those handy notes you took and intentionally reach out to the HR reps thanking them for their time and expressing interest in your favorite job opportunity. Bonus tip: Reference something specific from your conversation so they remember you!
Click here to view tips and tricks for once you land a video interview.
Put Your Best Virtual Foot Forward
Connecting jobseekers like you with leading, hiring companies in Northern Virginia is of highest priority, now more than ever. We know it’s a difficult time to start your career journey— enter the virtual career fair. Virtual career fairs are a bridge linking hiring companies with talent from all over the world… all from the comfort of their homes. Doesn’t get much better than that, right?