Cyber & Cloud Virtual Career Fair | Jan. 28, 2021
The Cyber + Cloud Virtual Career Fair will be a one-stop-shop for technologists to network and interview with 20+ leading, hiring tech companies in Northern Virginia.
This virtual hiring event is for professionals in the IT, cyber and cloud industries and is open to all experience levels. Job-seekers with security clearances are in demand and are encouraged to attend, though it is not required qualification.
Participants will be able to browse companies in the lobby, enter their booths, view open positions and training programs, and chat with HR representatives in real-time…all from the comfort of home. You do not currently need to be located in Northern Virginia to attend the fair.
Join us on Thurs. Jan 28, 2021 from 1-4pmET. Register for FREE today!Candidates Register Here
How It Works
Wondering how to get started? Check out the next steps below.
- Register / fill out your profile (ASAP)
Day-Of the Fair | Thursday, Jan. 28:
- Enter companies’ booths to view open positions and training programs specifically curated for you
- Be sure to check whether the employer provided any qualification requirements in the booth
- Chat with HR representatives in real-time
- Take note of your favorite positions and companies
After the Fair:
- Follow up with the HR representatives
- Get one (big) step closer to landing your best job yet
- Check back here for more open positions
Tips for Nailing the Virtual Career Fair
Your how-to guide to get noticed by companies in Northern Virginia.
- Do your homework ahead of time…remember how we told you who’s going to be there? You’re welcome!
- Update your resume and upload it on your Brazen These are real HR reps with real, open positions.
- Prepare your elevator pitch in chat format. You’ll have ~10 minutes to make a stellar first impression.
- Dress for the part—there will be the option to video chat. Plus, a professional get-up will give you instant confidence.
- Take notes during the fair. Who did you resonate with? Which job opportunities got you excited?
- FOLLOW UP! Refer to those handy notes you took and intentionally reach out to the HR reps thanking them for their time and expressing interest in your favorite job opportunity. Bonus tip: Reference something specific from your conversation so they remember you!
Click here to view tips and tricks for once you land a video interview.
Put Your Best Virtual Foot Forward
Connecting jobseekers like you with leading, hiring companies in Northern Virginia is of highest priority, now more than ever. We know it’s a difficult time to start your career journey— enter the virtual career fair. Virtual career fairs are a bridge linking hiring companies with talent from all over the world… all from the comfort of their homes. Doesn’t get much better than that, right?
Cyber + Cloud Virtual Career Event | Jan. 28, 2021
Brought to you by the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, the Cyber + Cloud Virtual Career Fair will be a one-stop-shop for technologists to network and interview with leading, hiring tech companies in Northern Virginia. Join us on Thurs. Jan 28, 2021 from 1-4pmET. Register for FREE today!