Hiring + Reskilling Virtual Career Fair | October 8
Interview with 15+ companies with thousands of positions & browse programs that will help you reskill and upgrade your career.
Whether you’ve been displaced due to the COVID-19 crisis, want to change career paths, or are simply looking for a fresh start, the Hiring + Reskilling Virtual Career Fair will be a one-stop shop to interview with hiring companies and browse reskilling opportunities to upgrade your career at the same time.
On Thurs. Oct. 8, job-seekers will browse a mix of companies that are looking to hire immediately, as well as numerous training programs dedicated to training and then placing you in a new job in Northern Virginia. In some cases, an assessment test is all that is needed to qualify, and not all open positions/programs require a college degree.
Participants will be able to browse companies in the lobby, enter their booths, view open positions and training programs, and chat with HR representatives in real-time…all from the comfort of your home. You do not currently need to be located in Northern Virginia to attend the fair.REGISTER HERE
How It Works
Wondering how to get started? Check out the next steps below.
- Register / fill out your profile (ASAP)
Day-Of the Fair | Thursday, Oct. 8:
- Enter companies’ booths to view open positions and training programs specifically curated for you
- Chat with HR representatives in real-time
- Take note of your favorite positions and reskilling programs
After the Fair:
- Follow up with the HR representatives
- Get one (big) step closer to landing your best job yet
- Check back here for more open positions
Tips for Nailing the Virtual Career Fair
Your how-to guide to get noticed by companies in Northern Virginia.
- Do your homework ahead of time…remember how we told you who’s going to be there? You’re welcome!
- Update your resume and upload it on your Brazen These are real HR reps with real, open positions.
- Prepare your elevator pitch in chat format. You’ll have ~10 minutes to make a stellar first impression.
- Dress for the part—there will be the option to video chat. Plus, a professional get-up will give you instant confidence.
- Take notes during the fair. Who did you resonate with? Which job opportunities got you excited?
- FOLLOW UP! Refer to those handy notes you took and intentionally reach out to the HR reps thanking them for their time and expressing interest in your favorite job opportunity. Bonus tip: Reference something specific from your conversation so they remember you!
Click here to view tips and tricks for once you land a video interview.
Put Your Best Virtual Foot Forward
Connecting jobseekers like you with leading, hiring companies in Northern Virginia is of highest priority, now more than ever. We know it’s a difficult time to start your career journey— enter the virtual career fair. Virtual career fairs are a bridge linking hiring companies with talent from all over the world… all from the comfort of their homes. Doesn’t get much better than that, right?
Why Northern Virginia is the best move you could make for your career
Women in Technology Virtual Career Fair | Nov. 5
The Women in Technology semi-annual Job Fair brings technology and business professionals of all levels together with top organizations in the DC Metro area looking to fill a wide variety of roles including STEM-based fields. The virtual career fair will take place 11/5/20 @ 4-7pm ET. Save the date!