The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) collects data to improve its services, and promises to hold personal data safe and secure. This policy sets out how we seek to protect personal data.
We collect data for business purposes, including the following:
- Marketing and communication purposes to keep interested parties informed about business and economic news in Fairfax County, Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C., area.
- Communicate with those who visit the FCEDA website to inform them of FCEDA services, resources and information.
- We do not hold any personal data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership (or non-membership), physical or mental health or condition, criminal offenses, or related proceedings.
We consider that all data collected is necessary to improve our services. We reserve the right to communicate with those whose data we collect.
What information is being collected
- E-mail address
- Business interests in Fairfax County
Who is collecting it
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA)
How is it collected
- Website sign-up forms and Fairfax County E-Bird subscription form
How will it be used
- Newsletter subscriptions
- Distribution of FCEDA information
Who will it be shared with
- FCEDA staff and entities affiliated with the FCEDA.
- We do not share it to sell products or services.
Where not specified previously in this policy, the following provisions are in effect since May 25, 2018, for collection of names and e-mail addresses of those living in the European Union and covered by the General Data Protection Regulation. If you are in the European Union, the data that we collect is subject to active consent by the data subject (you). This consent can be revoked at any time by you.
Right to be forgotten
- You may request that any information held on you is deleted or removed, and any third parties who process or use that data must also comply with the request. An erasure request can only be refused if an exemption applies.